Thursday, May 10, 2018

Bubble Butt

While doing my build, I didn't have a specific order or process of completing my build. I was just going around looking at things which I can get my hands on. Well in other words. Afford.

I was almost there, there's no way of getting the HPD diffuser except from HPD themselves from the US. With the shipment cost and fragility, its a risk I didn't wanna take.

So i went with AMS Terra, the Noblesse was so underwhelming, its borderline sad. No way I was going to pair the HPD wing, with the Noblesse diffuser, have you seen that wing? Its a statement, and the AMS Terra diffuser goes well with it just so perfectly.

I saw the AMS Terra diffuser awhile back, during the ZF1 days when a few members were using it back then. I. Fell. In. Love. Immediately. I knew, this was the diffuser I need for mine. It was something special. It was different. I never knew I love center exit exhausts.
Its an acquired taste, some likes it, some thinks its too much, well, as i said. I love it.

At the time, they were selling the AMS Terra kit as a set, comes with a front grill, front lip, side skirts, a small spoiler and the diffuser. No one was selling it separately. Until one day, a body kit supplier decided to start making replicas, well, i jumped on it. Cost me RM500, got a bloody overweight fiber piece of plastic. With installation and spray costing another RM300.

It was done. It was on. It was, perfect.
Before:
DSC04984.JPG
After:
SONY DSC
My joy was beyond the sky, over the rainbow, unmeasurable. It was fucking amazing. Even got a pair of LED reflectors to go with it. Only thing missing was the three gaping holes in the middle. It was literally, empty. I was young, I was dumb. So naturally, I decided to create a dummy exhaust to fill that hole. After spending about RM300 there, yeah, two dummy tips and labor, its "complete".

I decided to go with matte black paint instead of gloss. Kinda fits well. Make it more "racecar" look. Gloss finish will be, would you put it.. tacky?
SONY DSC
honda-cr-z-hybrid-r-concept-rear-end-2.jpg
I've been using the AMS Terra diffuser a good 4 years now, it has gone thru so much with the car. So many tragedies, so many repaints, so many funny occurrences. I'll update more on that later.

That's all for now, its a step by step process. Lets hope i can keep this progress till the end.

No comments: