Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Stage 1

My build begins. So 1st stage of my HPD build was changing the rims and tires. The CRZ comes stock from the factory with Enkei rims, wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires. 16 inches. Its a stupid size considering most markets got the 17 inch tires and rims. Took me awhile to decide to change the rims and tires. Couldn't get the appropriate design I wanted.
SONY DSC
I will say it now. Its doesn't look that good with this rim. Lol. Another thing i hated. THAT WHEEL GAP. I ABSOLUTELY HATEEEEED IT. So after 3 months of using the car, I went to klang one day, and I found the shop which gives the highest trade in value, and changed my rims and tires.

Most of the shops offered me RM1k for my rims and tires, but this shop, Js Tires, offered me for RM1.5k, it was a no brainer, the moment i parked at the shop and walk in, the staff which I assume was the manager turned and asked me, "are you part of the club?" then straight away offered my RM1.5k for my rims and tires. I took it.

Looked around the shop and and set my eyes on the rims called Advan Racing RGII rims. It was 17 inches which i think its a better size all around, the boss suggested me to use either Continental or Falken tires, well for a bit more, I chose the Continental Max Contact MC5 215/45/17 tires. Here are the comparison photos.
SONY DSC

SONY DSC
Due to the inward curve of the rims, it made it look smaller as if it was 16 inches. But somehow i fell love with this design. I still hate that wheel gap though. The rims are lighter that the stock ones, it only weights 6.9kg each. Not sure how heavy was the stock rims and there wasn't much change in power delivery and fuel consumption.
SONY DSC
Had to fork out an extra of RM1.5k for the tires as the trade in only covered the cost for the rims, oh well. It was well so far, at that time, worth it.

No comments: