Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Genesis

March 28th 2013.


One day that will be forever etched in my head.

The date i brought Rae Zyon back.

The word excited couldn't even begin to describe my feelings on that day. You see, it all began back in 2010 when I saw the concept car of the Honda CRZ. I've never fallen in love so fast and so hard. Headsmacked!

Honda_CR-Z_Concept_2009
2009 Honda CRZ Concept

I was always in to cars. Well not as much as I was into fighter jets, but yeah cars was the closest to any machine I can get my hands on. Did I also mentioned I like Hondas? Yes I did. The time that I fell in love with cars is when I played Gran Turismo 2 on my PlayStation and the car I used was the Honda NSX. That moment on, my love for cars began.
2011_Honda_CR-Z_EX_--_10-19-2010
Final Production Model ZF1

After seeing the concept, I didn't pay attention much on the car until the final production model was released. Then I knew, it was something I wanted. Something I needed. This gave me the motivation. I was still studying in Monash at that time, flunking around and dragging through my subjects. From then, I knew to get that car I needed to graduate, to get that degree to get a proper paying job. And I did. Passed all my subjects and graduated in September 2012, within a month, I found a job at CBSA in Sunway.

In Malaysia, the Honda CRZ was launched at the end of 2011, so it was kind of a rare car. Even though the price was very attractive at RM115,000.00, Honda Malaysia only offered the six speed manual transmission and it only comes in white. Thus seeing this car on the road is equivalent to seeing a supercar. Its an eye catcher, it turns heads, it got people talking. Seeing it on the road gave me even more motivation to get it. It was like a slow poison, killing me softly.

About four months upon release, Honda Malaysia soon introduced 3 new colours which is Red, Black and Silver. The CVT transmission is also introduced as an alternative to the 6MT. This boost sales up by the hundreds. Orders started flowing in as Malaysians typically don't drive a manual transmission anymore. For me, red was the one, the 6MT is also the only way to drive this car.

2013 Honda CRZ ZF2
2013 Honda CRZ ZF2

In October 2012, the updated model of the CRZ was announced in Japan, higher horsepower, restyled bodykits, lithium-ion batteries and still look oh so sexy! I called every Honda dealership in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur. Asking when will the new model be here, and no definitive answer was given. By December, a shed of light, Honda Malaysia updated that the new model ZF2, will be in Malaysia by January or February, I got a call one day while working, a Honda Sales person from the Roda BB dealership called Agnes called me and informing me about this, and that they are taking in bookings for the car. The weekend itself, i went to book the car. Booking fee was RM1000.

The waiting began.

No comments: