Friday, April 13, 2018

Impressions

Driving this car is a whole new experience. The car itself is low and the seating position is low slung giving the driver a psuedo-supercar like seating arrangement.

When I first got the car, driving it around town is like driving a piece of meat down the street of Sudan. Thanks to the design and look of the car, its is a head turner. Everywhere you go, people will stop and look. They will turn back to see the car.
It makes you feel special. Driving this car, will make u look like this;

SONY DSC

Driving impressions, well prior to getting this car, I was driving a Perodua Kelisa, it has a 1.0 litre engine mated to a 5 speed manual. It was light and nippy. I abused that car. Out running every Myvi in sight. LOL. The change to this car was quite difference, even thought the CRZ has just a 1.5 litre engine, the change from a 63hp to 136hp car with wider and lower in size is quite hard to get used to.

Even now i'm still trying to get used to the size of the car. I still scrape the underside of the car and the front bumper. But no matter, driving this car is absolute fun. Even though its a mere 136hp, with the electric motor providing acceleration, it is a blast! Throw it in corners and it feels so good. It turns so well as the chassis is rigid and stable.

SONY DSC
Few problems I have with this car. First, is the blind spots. If you parked into a spot head first, reversing out would be a bitch. Because the rear side windows are so small, you cant see shit until its too late. So all you have to do is reverse out slowly and pray for the best. LOL. Then there is the stock suspensions. Its like riding on a sponge cake. Even though its nippy through the corners, the body roll is outrageous. Took a hard turn at high speed, it felt like I was gonna get thrown out of the car. -.-

Then there is this problem. Engine sluggishness. It really pisses me off. On a hot weather, accelerating this car, is like getting kids to pull your car forwards. Put your foot down at the first gear from stand still, you can feel the car's engine struggling to accelerate. This only happens when the weather is hot. I mean 35 degrees Celsius and above. Other than that, i love this car. I LOVE IT TO BITS. Besides the shitty rear visibility and the back seat and the annoying rattling sound from somewhere. it is one amazing car.

I found the problem to the sluggishness during the hot weather. Engine oil. Fucking engine oil. Using Honda's 0w-20 was shit! Switched over to Torco SR-1R 10w-40 solved this issue. Rae runs like a champ now. When the engine reaches optimum temperature, the power delivery is like a punch from the Rock to a wall!

SONY DSC

All being said and done, I love this car, I look forward to drive her everyday. One day not sitting inside holding the steering wheel, my day feels incomplete. She's my gateway. When I'm sad, I drive. When I'm happy, I drive. She's my cure, she's my medicine. My CRZ.
Still doesn't stop turning heads.

No comments: